Harlow Foodbank news and referral figures as follows:-
- People fed this year (April-November 2016) = 1,208 adults & 652 children = 1,860 (average of 233 people each month)
- People fed since the foodbank opened in April 2009 and up to November 2016 = 12,716 adults & 6,504 children = 19,220 people
- Just over a third of all referrals to the foodbank are for children (34%) this year which means we are supporting more local families who are finding it difficult to make ends meet each week.
- Harlow Foodbank redeems an average of 112 foodbank food vouchers each month issued to clients via front-line professional agencies and other partner organisations. Each voucher is for 3 days’ worth of food.
- Harlow Foodbank referrals this year are currently showing a 9.7% increase over the same period last year, and this is steadily rising now each month, which is concerning.
- Harlow Foodbank currently distributes an average of 3.4 tonnes of non-perishable food to people in crisis in Harlow and the surrounding area.
- This Christmas Harlow Foodbank are providing 107 emergency food parcels to front-line care professionals in Harlow and the surrounding area to give out to their clients over the festive period.
- Harlow Foodbank will again this year be distributing 124 fresh turkey portions to local people in crisis through its partnership with East End Farm in Roydon. All families are referred to the foodbank via front-line agencies.
Gary Knott, Director of Community Services, Michael Roberts Charitable Trust (MRCT) commented
This year we are again beginning to see an increase in people being referred to Harlow Foodbank, with a high proportion of these from families with children. We are also seeing more people working, but on low income, and not able to make ends meet each week with the rising cost of food, fuel and energy costs
PLEASE HELP US and make a financial donation towards our work as this really will help us support more people in crisis… go to www.mrct.org.uk and click the JUST GIVING button on the homepage and follow the online instructions. Go to www.mrct.org.uk
Michael Roberts Charitable Trust
The Rainbow Centre
2 Wych Elm
Essex CM20 1QP
Tel 01279 724 515
Registered Charity No. 1065006
Registered Company No. 3439299
Please HELP US as we are very short of TEA BAGS so please donate to us this weekend? Thank you.
Sedexo staff undertaking a community work day today at our Store House in Matching Tye, Harlow.